Monday 18 July 2016

Friendship in a box...

I've been meaning to write about this for a while now, especially since in my last post I spoke about people doing nice gestures and this one is pretty up there...

About a month ago, I received a very special parcel by post (I love receiving post at the best of times) and this one was quite possibly the sweetest parcel i've ever opened. 

Imagine my pleasant surprise upon un-bubble wrapping this beaut:
(Also, can we just discuss the wonders of bubble wrap ♡)


Combined in a pink floral box laid; hearts, candles, drinks & sweet treats, cute quote postcards and bunting; all bundled together with an alarming amount of thought. 




 Beautiful Handmade Bunting,
which now takes proud place in my bathroom. 

Cute Quote Postcards & a Happy Jar (which is just the loveliest idea) 


The most beautiful smelling candle, which, combined with the Butter Mint Tea, made the box smell INCREDIBLE!

And all topped off with a card of lovely words, of which, I shall treasure forever! 

The box was sent to me by my friend Tracy, who labelled it as 'The Cheer Up Box'. It's sentiment made me feel so very special and cherished and being the sentimental person I am, I am so reluctant to use the items because it's just too gorgeous to ruin! But the temptation is certainly becoming too strong now, so I think when the day is right, I will dive in there, for sure! 

Tracy and I aren't what I'd class as 'traditional' friends, in the sense that we haven't actually spent any exclusive time together however, this year we got to talking a lot and, isn't it the strangest feeling when you meet someone who is pretty much your twin?! We have very little that is not in common and just knowing there's someone there for me, who just gets it, has been such a lovely feeling. 

I have to be honest and say, that at first, I found the situation a little strange - when I say were like twins, I mean it and it was just a little freaky to find out we were so similar! I'd also never really spoken to anyone so much, without having met them PROPERLY first, so it just felt odd for me to begin with. But now, it's just like having an old friend to catch up with. It just feels natural. 

When the time comes, I will for sure be going to Kent to have, what I'm sure will feel like, one big catch up and possibly a Harry Potter Marathon!? But for now, I just want to thank you for being my friend Tracy. It may sound strange to say it like that but I truly mean it, so again, thank you. 


Lots of love, hugs, kisses & special wishes
From Katy. ♡   


P.S. Tracy has a Blog too! Go check it out: tracysgloriousyear.blogspot.co.uk











No comments:

Post a Comment