Tuesday 5 July 2016

My own little pocket of happy and a handful of advice...

No matter how big or small the gesture is, when someone has taken a moment out of their day to show they've been thinking of you, you will spend that day with a very humble feeling, indeed. 

It's happened a lot for me recently but there's one particular instance I wanted to talk about, today. 

For those of you who follow my Twitter, you will notice I've become some what of a fan girl, particularly to those YouTubers who I've become obsessed with watching this year. You'll notice that a lot of my tweets are directed to a girl named, Theodora Lee.

Theodora, or Theo, describes her channel as the place for 'advice, love and all things life', and rightly so! Whenever I need cheering up or a 'everything will be okay' attitude, I like to snuggle up with a blanket and a cuppa and watch one (or five) of her videos, I find them to be incredibly truthful, inspiring and heartwarming and it's so lovely to hear someone else sharing their stories with you, so you can learn from them too. It's like having a friend being there for you, without them knowing it and I definitely feel like I can reflect on things more positively, after watching her. 

Now, Theo knows (from my various Tweets and comments) that I adore her work but I didn't want her to think of me as, just a 'fangirl' I wanted her to know why she means a lot to me, so I decided to email her. I pretty much gave her my whole life story (sorry about that!) and I honestly wasn't expecting a reply, but I got one! 

Now, I'm not going to speak about what I wrote but it was just so lovely for someone I admire so much, to take time from her day (when she probably had a lot more bigger and better things to be doing) to send me a reply. It completely backed up my whole perception of her; she's so kind hearted, down to earth and just an all round good gal! It's also pretty ironic that she posted a video this week, about how fake the YouTube community can be - because honestly, I can't imagine a more 'real' YouTuber! 

She may just have been saying it but she also said my support means a lot to her, so I guess it works two ways but once again Theo,  I just wanted to say thank you for taking your time on me but goddamn to the fact that you're in South Africa, as I would love to meet you, as I just know we'd get on well. 

Keep doing what you're doing.  

Love, Hugs, Kisses & Special Wishes. 

Katy ♡

P.S. Please be sure to check out Theo's channel I know you'll love it!









No comments:

Post a Comment